PDA

View Full Version : Mining Bot in the Works

Highlander4x
05-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Mining Bot in the Works
NO I WIL NOT RELEASE IT Till I'm Satisfied with it's customizability, and randomization!
If ever i choose to do so when i am Satisfied ( best guess September / November )

Hi Everyone,

About 2 months ago or so i stumbled upon ( after some pointing from other players ) Roid Ripper. It worked for its purpose but i didn't like how it was the same for every single player.

So after 2 days of days off work i had a functioning script mining away.
Since then i have been toying with it making modifications every week, but my life has gotten busy with school prep for college and my other hobbies.

Currently it is almost fail proof i have to make allowances for being in different windows correctly better, insuring mining lasers etc have actually activated, i have a copy of roid ripper that i've been using as a reference but i'm making this for fun and find it nicer to build my own code my own and learn along the way.

Bucket List before i consider making Public

Customizable GUI Set-Up, Finish Randomization Techniques
Add Anti - Boting Idea's
Redundancies for Module Activation
Ship Health Check ( Shield / Armour / Hull )
Fixing drone Return ( currently loose them at downtime )
Have a Timing Set-Up for local time, sleep, Downtime etc
Login / Set-up for first run ( currently all manual , it can log in but things get a bit messy)

Wish List

Integrated API into Google or Google Code allowing for use of a google calender etc
Making a phone application to tie into google ( might just use web browser )
for status updates and control from phone or remote locations

Again this is me bored of clicking and using my brain,

Ahk is a more or less easy coding language read the help file and make your own
Careful with the syntax's

Is Boting Against CCP EULA? The way it is defined clearly stats it as a Grey area, where depending on how you take the meaning of the language used leaves for interpetation.

The Gist is so long as you do not directly interfere with game client / code or alter game mechanics or use other means to your personal REAL LIFE financial gain then you are allowed to "Bot" , " Macro"

As we do put our ships in the line of fire of other Players and NPC's

Anyhow I'll Let You Know When I Know more

Regards,

Highlander

Arrogantz
05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Dude give it up. It will get you banned sooner or later and you have more work than you want.

Username
06-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Mining Bot in the Works
Is Boting Against CCP EULA? The way it is defined clearly stats it as a Grey area, where depending on how you take the meaning of the language used leaves for interpetation.

The Gist is so long as you do not directly interfere with game client / code or alter game mechanics or use other means to your personal REAL LIFE financial gain then you are allowed to "Bot" , " Macro"

Wrong, you as many others mis-read that part of the EULA.

You may not use macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.You may not use macros or other stored rapid keystrokes OR other patterns of play that facilitate "blah blah"

The "blah blah" HAS TO define "patterns of play"

Think of it this way, can they ban you from having "Patterns of play"? That's be equivalent to banning you for logging on.... It does not work!

3 Different entities in that phrase

1: Macros
2: Stored rapid key strokes
3: patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.

It is quite clear when you properly analyze the language used in that phrase that macros are not in a "Grey zone" They are downright against the EULA; No ifs, ands, or maybes It IS a bannable offense period.

That said... Keep up the work! Hope to be able to take a look at your code at some point in the future, good luck.

Josarian
06-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Dude give it up. It will get you banned sooner or later and you have more work than you want.

Okay, then what are you doing here if thats your thinking?

iammadeofwin
06-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Aside from the fuzzy interpretations of the eula, if your caught you will be banned. In the end thats the only thing that matters.

IceHound
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
regarding the eula:

it makes no difference how "we" interpret the EULA. what matters is how CCP interprets it. and, as has been proven lately, botting WILL get you banned (if you get caught).

regarding AHK:

its a dead language as far as eve botting is concerned. as soon as it is posted, even without the source, CCP can probably have it decompiled within an hour. This is because a copy of the source is included in the EXE. Not so with other languages like C/C++/C#. This thread may explain it a bit more. http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic28823.html&highlight=decompile

Username
06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
regarding the eula:
regarding AHK:

its a dead language as far as eve botting is concerned. as soon as it is posted, even without the source, CCP can probably have it decompiled within an hour. This is because a copy of the source is included in the EXE. Not so with other languages like C/C++/C#. This thread may explain it a bit more. http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic28823.html&highlight=decompile

I have to semi-disagree here, I think it'd be more accurate to say that AHK is dead as far as "Sharing" bots with others, If you use it for your own personal bot it's just as safe as using C/C++/C# ETC as far as I can tell.

The only real problem with AHK is that it's practically impossible to share it without also sharing the source as well.

That said Icehound is absolutely right, if you intend to EVER post your bot up on any forums It'd be best that you learn a different programming language so as to be able to bypass AHK's little "Hiccup".

I think that the time of the Macro-miner is over, it just takes far too many hours of macro mining to make any appreciable ammount of ISK, thus exposing you to far too much risk as far as pattern detection/Hours of game play is concerned.