PDA

View Full Version : Whats are some of the best Macro software to use for botting?

bossmike
07-04-2011, 05:30 AM
I've used Macro Express in the past to make an eve mining bot. I didn't know much about the program and mostly just figured it out on my own. With that said my macro didn't have any options to randomize the delays in between actions or pause and run other macros depending on the color changing on the screen.

It was pretty much just a recorded action that I looped. I'm wondering if there is another program I should use that will allow me to add these two features to my macro. It's used with eve online and works great but I don't like to run it for very long since it just repeats the exact same actions at the exact same time over and over.

Thanks for the help.

tehgeek
07-04-2011, 07:17 AM
I've used Macro Express in the past to make an eve mining bot. I didn't know much about the program and mostly just figured it out on my own. With that said my macro didn't have any options to randomize the delays in between actions or pause and run other macros depending on the color changing on the screen.

It was pretty much just a recorded action that I looped. I'm wondering if there is another program I should use that will allow me to add these two features to my macro. It's used with eve online and works great but I don't like to run it for very long since it just repeats the exact same actions at the exact same time over and over.

Thanks for the help.

I don't want to say much, But I can say this:

I use Macro Express, and I have a working mining bot.

I will give you some code snips you can use to help out.

Of course, as you know, macro express is all "visual", as in the actual code, you do everything in the editor. so I will write it as its shown in the editor

#1 Random Delay:
----------------------
Variable Set Integer %YOURVAR% to a random value between 1 and 10
Delay %YOURVAR% seconds
----------------------

You can use seconds, milliseconds, etc.

#2: Do something Depending on Pixelcolor
First, do a pixelsearch (Get Pixel Color) on the exact pixel you want. The way I do this, is by setting my macros "Scope" to "Window/Program Specific"
Then find the EXACT pixel you want to get the color of (the Built-in tool Mouse Location is good for this)
Then, do your "Get Pixel Color"
----------------------
Get Pixel Color at (%CORDX%, %CORDY%) relative to the current window into %PIXELCOLORVAR%
----------------------

Now, just use a simple IF statement, to figure out what do to next.
Now, the Mouse Locator tool will show the pixelcolor in Decimal and Hex, however "Get Pixel Color" always returns Decimal. So, you need to figure out the range of color you are searching for.
Here is a macro I wrote so I can see what the color is at the co-ords i want
---------------
Text Box Display: pixeltest
(In the Text Box Display options, select "Floating Box until "Close Box" or end of macro", and set your header to pixeltest)
:Start
(That is a LABEL, you'll find it under Macro Control)
Get Pixel Color at (%CORDX%, %CORDY%) Relative to Current Window into %pixelcolor%
(in the mouse locator tool, it will show you the difference between "Screen Position" and "Active Window", use "Active Window" for this example to get your cords)
Update Textbox: pixeltest
(In the Update Textbox options, header will be pixeltest, and in the box content: Pixel at %CORDX%, %CORDY%: %pixelcolor%)
Goto:Start
("goto" is also under Macro Control)
---------------

Now, while you are using that macro to get the color at the pixel you want. remember
that alot of pixels will change color slightly due to camera angle. so you would have to run that example above, move your cam around, and see how high the number goes, and how low it goes. This, however, is not always the case. sometimes it is a static color, which makes it much easier

Now, for the next example, we will assume you are searching for a static color.

Also, all Logic Statements (If Statement) has to be closed by hand, it will NOT do it
for you.

----------------
Get Pixel Color at (%CORDX%, %CORDY%) Relative to Current Window into %pixelsearch%
If Variable %pixelsearch% Contains %COLORYOURSEARCHINGFOR%
(Any of the "if"'s can be found under "Logic")
goto:ColorFound
Else
(Also found under Logic)
goto:ColorNotFound
End If
(This is also found under Logic)
----------------

Now by using labels, you can have your macro jump to any label at any time. So putting each "action" in its own label, makes it much much easier.

I will end this post for now, because if you've only ever used Macro Express for "Recording" a macro, then this post alone will be a good start for you to learn the advanced ways of writing macros in Macro Express.

I must say though, Compared to AutoHotKey (what I am writing my stuff in now), Macro Express is very limited. But... with time, and alittle dedication, Macro Express can do alot.

If you need any more idea's in Macro Express, go ahead and ask. but to get you started, use the examples I gave you above, it will "Get your foot in the door".

P.S. My Macro Express bot is about 900 lines of code, it does cargo checks, warp checking (this was a BITCH without an Image Search Function), Random Timed, automated mouse movements, Random Docked time delays, Random bookmark selection, etc, and I have YET to re-write my miner in AutoHotKey just because my current one still works so well.

P.P.S. Another method, if you really arn't interested in coding everything by hand, record your macro, but record it between 2 - 10 times, make a new "macro" for each one you record, and, say for example, you name them as such:

macroloop1
macroloop2
macroloop3
macroloop4*

you can write a simple macro to have it just randomly pick one of those to choose from.

A friend of mine did this, due to me giving him the idea, and I helped him write the "random chooser". which was very small, and easy to make.

bossmike
07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
This is epic help! Thanks so much for all the information and especially the examples. I'll let you know how it works out for me. =)

tehgeek
07-05-2011, 10:01 AM
np. if you need any help, just respond here.

tmlinek
09-14-2011, 06:04 PM
geez i wish i understood what the hell was going on with this. im trying to learn how what when and wtf. can anyone send a noob a mail with all the complete hand holding it would be wonderful.

LulzBot
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
There is no such complete hand holding.

Just choose a solution, and try. You will find out soon enough :)

bigelectron
09-14-2011, 09:59 PM
hand holding

That's exactly the one thing we don't do here on PD.

tehgeek mentioned Macro Express, go google up on it and learn how to use it. There's mentions of AutoIt and AHK all through these forums, there's python injection also. Googling up any/all of these solutions is where you start and if after learning more about them you have a specific question you can go ahead and ask and we will help.

GameTester1993
09-15-2011, 02:08 AM
@the OP, this is the kind of stuff we like to see asked here on PD, these kinds of questions we will help with because u ahve shown that u are interested int he community interest.

@TMlinek Please don't spam the postage and expect us to hold your hands, were not here on a whim to help with the most basic of things because we all have our own programming to do and our projects to look after and we use this forum to consult one another on functions, methods, game realted and exploit related things to help us all be come knowledgeable of these things without saying it over and over.

Akaime
04-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi,
Im bringing up this old post for more info..
If you are using Macro Express, did u manage to run multi-client?
By the method of randomize time delay, is possible to randomize a little coordinate of the click?