Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Exclamation icehounds recent events...

i know i have not been very active on the forums lately, and i would like to explain to you all why.

first of all, my studies have gotten a bit more difficult and i have had to devote more time to them. i have had numerous personal issues crop up, ranging from my mother coming to live with me, and a burglary. additionally, i have been quite busy running incursions.

all of these things have forced me to make a very difficult decision: i will no longer be writing bots for eve.

i originally started using RR because i was lazy, the risk was fairly low, and the income was decent. it allowed me to run multiple accounts, and still be able to have "fun" on another account. then, CCP decided to make an example out of RR and cracked down on us. admittedly, most of the heat has dissipated, but botters are still getting caught, and CCP has made changes to the game to make it easier to scan out the "unprobable" ratter ships that run in low/null sec.

incursions have been another factor in my decision. there are the rigors of getting a bot to know when its constellation has an active incursion, as well as question of why bot when CCP has given us a hi-sec isk faucet. i can make more isk in 10 minutes of incursion running (2 vanguard sites) than i can in 2 hours of mining. with the fleet i run with, we usually have 5-6 minutes between payouts. that ends up being anywhere from 100-150m/hour. that is less than 3 hours to earn a plex.

so, with the IRL issues i have been having, and the amount of isk i have been making from incursions, i cant find enough motivation to continue writing bots. this was a very difficult decision for me to make, as i have used RR for a very long time, and i feel like i still owe something to the community that has supported it, and me, for so long. in the end, i don't think it is fair to the community for me to try to code a bot when my heart just isn't in it.

with that said, i release any and all claims i may have to Locust Fleet to Mesar and Public Demands with the following conditions:

1. the name "IceHound" remains in the credits in a prominent position
    2. if anyone wants to continue its development, the name "Locust Fleet" is not used until Mesar or myself has determined that the coder has the skill and knowledge to keep LF at the level of quality it was meant for. basically, i don't want novices using the Locust Fleet name for cut/pasted adaptations.
    3. there may be more conditions if issues arise.

I will still be moderating the forums, and i will try to be more active than i have been lately. i am also willing to answer coding questions to the best of my abilities.

regards,

IceHound
    WANTED: Meaningful overnight relationship

Super Moderator
    Good luck with whatever RL issues that keep you busy. I think you pretty much right, in the sense that it is time to diversify bots from just mining.

Contributor
    Want to help me get into incursions, lol.
    Hard as hell to get into one of those groups if you don't know anyone. Before you ask I can fly everything (well a couple of exceptions) and have the skills to fly it well.

for starters, shield fleets seem more popular and tend to do better than armor fleets. logistics are always in demand, but make sure if you are running the 10-man vanguards that you have multitasking to Level 3+, and logistics to level 4+. for DPS your tank should be based on resists and buffer. no reppers or other shit like that. resists should be 70% or better across the board, and buffer for battleships should be around 100k to 110k. smaller ships can get away with less buffer, but most fleets are made up of BS and logis, with a webber ship like a huginn or loki to slow shit down. turret BS tend to be favored over missile BS.

common turret Battleships for vanguards are:
    machariel
    vindicator
    balghorn (or however the thing is spelled)
    nightmare

sometimes you see cheapskates running blaster rohks... they are "ok" but they cant compare to vindicator power.

if you prefer missiles, you may get passed up for some of the shinier fleets... but here are some common missile boats:
    raven (yuck)
    navy raven (still yuck)
    Scorpion: navy issue (great as an anchor)
    tengu
    nighthawk

please dont try to get into a fleet in a drake. they are frowned upon. canes are ok, though. sleipnirs are nice ships, and dont even bother with frigates or dessies.

lastly, make sure you join BTL pub. its one of the main incursion channels, so LOTS of people look there for fleets, and members. also, advice is doled out freely there, but beware the trolls. and if you ask for a fit for a specific ship, you will most likely get several posts to help you out.
    WANTED: Meaningful overnight relationship

Contributor
    Yeah I joined there and still no luck.

And as I said I can fly anything. Have everything you listed up there. The only thing I am missing is Amarr BS V and Minny BS V. Have Logi V and MT III. Shield Emissions and Energy Emissions at V. Could put my armor and shield resists to V but that is on next remap. Will just have to try and be more persistent I guess. Hard to avoid GF agro that way though.

Contributor
    Oh I forgot to mention, I have an alt with max leadership skills too, hehe and a shield mindlink in his head. Can fly Command ships and t3 (loki/tengu).

I think that perhaps since the changes that every one has gone AWAL a bit... hope things are going ok IceHound
    I am me, I am proud of who I am... If you do not like me, I can respect you for your beleif, BUT i ask you give me the same respect

My Forum http://tgurlsara.freeforums.org/index.php